Wednesday, May 28, 2008

pysch!

So President Bush is supposed to be coming to Salt Lake today. As I was about to pull into work this morning, a motorcycle officer quickly ushered me to the side of the road. I looked up the street to see a huge procession full of motorcycles and bikes and nice vehicles coming towards me. In the middle of the procession there were a couple of people running. Naturally, I got all atwitter thinking it was Mr. Bush himself. How great that he would take the time to go for a morning jog down 4th East? And right past my very own office building?! It would be the closest I've ever been to being famous! As they passed, I struggled to pick him out among the runners. Weird. Maybe his bodyguards were doing an A+ job with their guarding. I mean, it IS the president and all. So I took a picture with my phone anyway, thinking that he was sure to be mixed in there somewhere.


Well kids, I was wrong. Got you excited, didn't I? They were passing the Special Olympics torch. Not that I don't support the Special Olympics - I was just really hoping for a presidential sighting of presidential proportions. Enjoy the picture anyway. Oh and everyone support the Special Olympics. Even if they did fake me out.


No comments:

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

pysch!

So President Bush is supposed to be coming to Salt Lake today. As I was about to pull into work this morning, a motorcycle officer quickly ushered me to the side of the road. I looked up the street to see a huge procession full of motorcycles and bikes and nice vehicles coming towards me. In the middle of the procession there were a couple of people running. Naturally, I got all atwitter thinking it was Mr. Bush himself. How great that he would take the time to go for a morning jog down 4th East? And right past my very own office building?! It would be the closest I've ever been to being famous! As they passed, I struggled to pick him out among the runners. Weird. Maybe his bodyguards were doing an A+ job with their guarding. I mean, it IS the president and all. So I took a picture with my phone anyway, thinking that he was sure to be mixed in there somewhere.


Well kids, I was wrong. Got you excited, didn't I? They were passing the Special Olympics torch. Not that I don't support the Special Olympics - I was just really hoping for a presidential sighting of presidential proportions. Enjoy the picture anyway. Oh and everyone support the Special Olympics. Even if they did fake me out.


No comments: