After a long day of flying on Saturday, we finally arrived in Ft. Lauderdale at about 4:30 p.m. We had to wait at the airport for awhile, so by the time we checked into our hotel and grabbed something to eat we were exhausted and ready for bed.
We began boarding the ship that next morning at about 11:00. We made it past all of the checkpoints and boarded the ship. Turns out our room has a balcony which is very cool because you can sit out there and look at the ocean. The ship has some really cool stuff. It’s HUGE! The top middle part has a huge projection TV with swimming pools and hot tubs everywhere.
People are swarming everywhere – it’s like Walmart on a Saturday, but with only a 1/4th of the mullets. And lots of alcohol. This is definitely where the cruise ship makes of its money. Water and juice are free, but alcohol starts at $7 a glass. Stupid people wasting all their money and also making it so they can’t really remember their cruise….morons. Oh well. To each his own. Anyway. The lobby of the ship is really tall and has tons and tons of different colored lights. It’s really quite the sight. I also took a video that I’ll show everyone later.
Everything is decorated for Christmas which is very pretty.
I’ll show everyone more pictures later.
We had our first stop today which was in Nassau, Bahamas. This is where that new James Bond movie was filmed. It was extremely pretty. The people there obviously know that they can make money off of tourists so they have a pretty good setup that reminded me of Tijuana. But overlooking that – very pretty. Lots of different colored buildings. We even got to play the bongos with some band.
The guy to my right told me I was good at playing the bongos. I suspect it wasn’t true cause I think he was just trying to get a tip. But whatever. They were very fun…I only worry about how many people have worn that Santa Claus hat on their nasty heads.
So that’s Nassau. I obviously have a ridiculously large amount of other pictures that I’ll share later (assuming you have the patience to sit through them with me). We also had one of our formal dinners tonight which was fun. Who doesn’t like to get dressed up? When we came back to our cabin, they had already turned down our sheets and also left us a little surprise – an elephant made from hand towels. They had also used my sunglasses to create eyes. It was so funny! Everyone here really does have a pretty good sense of humor, which is great.
Well, I’d better get to bed. We have a big day tomorrow of …. eating soft serve ice cream and sitting in the hot tub. You betcha :) Tomorrow is a “fun day at sea” while we continue traveling to our next stop - Grand Cayman. It is honestly so gorgeous here. I say we all save our pennies and go on a cruise as a family. I know everyone would love it. You can eat pizza and ice cream at 2 a.m. if you want. Amazing.
I’ll post again in a couple of days. I hear Grand Cayman is famous for their stingrays so I’m determined to get some good shots there. We’re planning on going snorkeling and using our underwater camera so hopefully something interesting will come of it….wish me luck!
2 comments:
Soooo pretty! Looks like fun! I will sit and look at all of your pictures! Aubree is fascinated by the BIIIIIIIGGG BOAT!!!
Riley and Trace are in awe of the tv and of the fact that you can have ice cream and pizza a 2 am!! You are their hero!! Trace thinks the elephant is hilarious!! Riley thinks the elephant is amazing!! (how'd they do that??)
Post a Comment