Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Grand Cayman

Today we visited Grand Cayman and it was beautiful! The sun was shining and the weather was perfect. They had to take us from the boat to the shore by ferry which was fun for some strange reason.

We immediately found someone to take us to 7 Mile Beach where we found someone who does stingray snorkeling. This was certainly the highlight of the trip thus far. For starters, the water is amazing – so many different shades of blue. We bought an underwater camera for this, but haven’t developed the pictures yet so TBA on those. But we did get a couple with the regular camera. It was cool because they swim up around you and rub against your legs and everything. They’re really friendly little buggers (Well, most often friendly. Steve Irwin may not have agreed) Our guide told us that it was seven years good luck if you kissed a stingray – and who can resist seven years of good luck!?! Not me…so I did J Our guide even shocked us by touching the stinger and even putting its tail in his mouth.
After snorkeling, we went into the city to do some shopping. Along the street someone had some birds so we got to hold them.
This little feller may look nice, but about 20 seconds earlier he had bitten my arm….which I consider very not nice. But it was fun to hold him anyway. Overall, it was a beautiful day! I have to say that Grand Cayman has been my favorite so far….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me be the first to say that I'm not so sure it's a good idea to kiss a stingray! Good luck? I'd rather break a mirror!

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Grand Cayman

Today we visited Grand Cayman and it was beautiful! The sun was shining and the weather was perfect. They had to take us from the boat to the shore by ferry which was fun for some strange reason.

We immediately found someone to take us to 7 Mile Beach where we found someone who does stingray snorkeling. This was certainly the highlight of the trip thus far. For starters, the water is amazing – so many different shades of blue. We bought an underwater camera for this, but haven’t developed the pictures yet so TBA on those. But we did get a couple with the regular camera. It was cool because they swim up around you and rub against your legs and everything. They’re really friendly little buggers (Well, most often friendly. Steve Irwin may not have agreed) Our guide told us that it was seven years good luck if you kissed a stingray – and who can resist seven years of good luck!?! Not me…so I did J Our guide even shocked us by touching the stinger and even putting its tail in his mouth.
After snorkeling, we went into the city to do some shopping. Along the street someone had some birds so we got to hold them.
This little feller may look nice, but about 20 seconds earlier he had bitten my arm….which I consider very not nice. But it was fun to hold him anyway. Overall, it was a beautiful day! I have to say that Grand Cayman has been my favorite so far….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me be the first to say that I'm not so sure it's a good idea to kiss a stingray! Good luck? I'd rather break a mirror!