Saturday, April 9, 2011

Typical Week in the Venable Home

This week was fairly typical.

It was General Conference weekend, and we got to listen to so many good talks. It's always very uplifting and gives me some much needed motivation to be a better person. One of the things I really liked was President Monson's talk about temples. He said that every child should have a picture of the temple in their room. Something they can look at often to help remind them to live worthy to attend some day. So......we decided we should do our part. Shhh. It's a secret. Don't tell!




Sunday was Teresa's birthday so, like a good sister, I sent her a happy birthday text. I didn't take her too long to reply. It went like this:

Me: Happy Birthday to you! Hope you have a great day!
Teresa: Yes plenty of milk.



Huh?? She's allergic to milk, so I'm surprised that's what she got for her birthday! Really made me chuckle!

Why do you think clothing manufacturers make pants so long? Do they think we're all 7 feet tall? Well, we're not. So you know what that means--we need to hem most of the pants we buy. Jennie and Trace got some new jeans, and getting them hemmed is one of the things on my to-do list.



Jennie is a very special child and makes hemming pants twice as hard. Jennie, this picture is for you!




Have you noticed the price of salmon lately? We used to buy the blackened salmon at Sam's Club, until the prices went sky high. Randy loves it, so we started buying regular salmon on sale, and I blacken it myself. My first try failed horribly. When a recipe says to "coat both sides with spice mixture", then that's what I do-COAT both sides. Problem was, it was a heavy winter coat, and was so spicy we couldn't eat it. Had to scrape that thick coat off and, even then, it was still pretty hot. Now I try to go with a light jacket. MUCH better.


And last, but certainly not least: Who doesn't love to spend an evening watching 6 year old girls dance? We certainly do:)


Note to Self

Be sure to read the conference talks when they come out in the Ensign. There are a lot of things I missed and a lot that I need to hear again.

2 comments:

Karlee said...

The hemming pics make me laugh! THe girls are ADORABLE. The fish makes me hungry, and E LOVES his temple picture! What a great idea! And a great explanation for the grandkids!

Jen said...

What can I say I pretty special lol

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Typical Week in the Venable Home

This week was fairly typical.

It was General Conference weekend, and we got to listen to so many good talks. It's always very uplifting and gives me some much needed motivation to be a better person. One of the things I really liked was President Monson's talk about temples. He said that every child should have a picture of the temple in their room. Something they can look at often to help remind them to live worthy to attend some day. So......we decided we should do our part. Shhh. It's a secret. Don't tell!




Sunday was Teresa's birthday so, like a good sister, I sent her a happy birthday text. I didn't take her too long to reply. It went like this:

Me: Happy Birthday to you! Hope you have a great day!
Teresa: Yes plenty of milk.



Huh?? She's allergic to milk, so I'm surprised that's what she got for her birthday! Really made me chuckle!

Why do you think clothing manufacturers make pants so long? Do they think we're all 7 feet tall? Well, we're not. So you know what that means--we need to hem most of the pants we buy. Jennie and Trace got some new jeans, and getting them hemmed is one of the things on my to-do list.



Jennie is a very special child and makes hemming pants twice as hard. Jennie, this picture is for you!




Have you noticed the price of salmon lately? We used to buy the blackened salmon at Sam's Club, until the prices went sky high. Randy loves it, so we started buying regular salmon on sale, and I blacken it myself. My first try failed horribly. When a recipe says to "coat both sides with spice mixture", then that's what I do-COAT both sides. Problem was, it was a heavy winter coat, and was so spicy we couldn't eat it. Had to scrape that thick coat off and, even then, it was still pretty hot. Now I try to go with a light jacket. MUCH better.


And last, but certainly not least: Who doesn't love to spend an evening watching 6 year old girls dance? We certainly do:)


Note to Self

Be sure to read the conference talks when they come out in the Ensign. There are a lot of things I missed and a lot that I need to hear again.

2 comments:

Karlee said...

The hemming pics make me laugh! THe girls are ADORABLE. The fish makes me hungry, and E LOVES his temple picture! What a great idea! And a great explanation for the grandkids!

Jen said...

What can I say I pretty special lol