Sunday, November 11, 2007

Going 4 wheelin'

We went on another ride yesterday, starting up Farmington Canyon. We rode up to Francis Peak, elevation over 9,500. Wow, you can't imagine how high up we were. (Unless, of course, you're Josh, who has been there!) The puddles in the road were frozen, the wind that was howling, and it was freezing. Kinda freaky, looking out over the entire valley. We ended up driving back in the dark, and the entire ride was 36 miles long. It was a lot of fun! Here are a some pictures:

I really enjoy riding, but I do have one huge problem. There are certain things that I need when we go on a ride. First, I need goggles to keep the sand out of my eyes. It wouldn't be much fun with sand in my eyes. Second, I need to be warm. Which means layers. Usually lots and lots of them. Turtlenecks are excellent for me, because they keep my neck warm. It wouldn't be much fun if my neck was cold. Third, I need a hat. Something to keep my head warm. As you know, 90% of my body heat escapes through my head. It wouldn't be much fun if my head was cold. So as a result of these necessities, I don't exactly look like a babe. Not even close. And you know, I don't need to look like a babe, I would just like to look semi-human. Poor Dad, he's so nice and pretends he doesn't notice how bad I look, but instead just keeps taking pictures of me. I can hear you all now, "Oh Mom, you look fine!". But you know, we're all adults, and as far as I know, none of you are blind. It is what it is. So something must be done. I'm open to any suggestions, but for now, I have come up with this solution. And until Jessi (and Photoshop CS2) has some free time, this is what we get. Enjoy!


4 comments:

Jen said...

wow mom you look fabulous in those pictures!! I do have to say though it is a shock that you don't have a single on with your eyes shut!! I also find it kind funny that you have the same exact look on every single picture! LOL!!!

Jess said...

Oh my. Notice how there's never a hair out of place. It's exactly as we thought - our dear Marmie is a supermodel. I feel it's pretty obvious by these photographs...

Karlee said...

Wow! Those are some babe-a-licious pictures! But since you are now an acclaimed super model, perhaps you should get some new "looks" kind of like Ben Stiller in Zoolander with his ONE look......

Anonymous said...

You are all too kind. I'm sure you'll be seeing more pictures of me, now that I have the "look"!

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Going 4 wheelin'

We went on another ride yesterday, starting up Farmington Canyon. We rode up to Francis Peak, elevation over 9,500. Wow, you can't imagine how high up we were. (Unless, of course, you're Josh, who has been there!) The puddles in the road were frozen, the wind that was howling, and it was freezing. Kinda freaky, looking out over the entire valley. We ended up driving back in the dark, and the entire ride was 36 miles long. It was a lot of fun! Here are a some pictures:

I really enjoy riding, but I do have one huge problem. There are certain things that I need when we go on a ride. First, I need goggles to keep the sand out of my eyes. It wouldn't be much fun with sand in my eyes. Second, I need to be warm. Which means layers. Usually lots and lots of them. Turtlenecks are excellent for me, because they keep my neck warm. It wouldn't be much fun if my neck was cold. Third, I need a hat. Something to keep my head warm. As you know, 90% of my body heat escapes through my head. It wouldn't be much fun if my head was cold. So as a result of these necessities, I don't exactly look like a babe. Not even close. And you know, I don't need to look like a babe, I would just like to look semi-human. Poor Dad, he's so nice and pretends he doesn't notice how bad I look, but instead just keeps taking pictures of me. I can hear you all now, "Oh Mom, you look fine!". But you know, we're all adults, and as far as I know, none of you are blind. It is what it is. So something must be done. I'm open to any suggestions, but for now, I have come up with this solution. And until Jessi (and Photoshop CS2) has some free time, this is what we get. Enjoy!


4 comments:

Jen said...

wow mom you look fabulous in those pictures!! I do have to say though it is a shock that you don't have a single on with your eyes shut!! I also find it kind funny that you have the same exact look on every single picture! LOL!!!

Jess said...

Oh my. Notice how there's never a hair out of place. It's exactly as we thought - our dear Marmie is a supermodel. I feel it's pretty obvious by these photographs...

Karlee said...

Wow! Those are some babe-a-licious pictures! But since you are now an acclaimed super model, perhaps you should get some new "looks" kind of like Ben Stiller in Zoolander with his ONE look......

Anonymous said...

You are all too kind. I'm sure you'll be seeing more pictures of me, now that I have the "look"!