Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving 2009 was tons of fun, and as busy as ever. We started the day out with dinner with the Call's. We had a pretty good turnout and it was fun to catch up with everyone. Lots of good food, fun, and conversation. Unfortunately we forgot our camera, so we don't have pictures.

Next up was pie at the Venable's. Lots of yummy pie and conversation also. This time we remembered to bring the camera, but left it in the car. Duh....


Last, but definitely not least, was the Pinata Party at our house. I must confess that this years pinata was not the best. In fact, I can honestly say it was the worst. By far. The poor little turkey was both ugly and weak. It was totally destroyed after only 2 hits by each of the kids. I realized that while they love to hit the pinata, the main objective is to get the candy. So I guess you could say it was a success. (And politically correct!) Fortunately we DID get some pictures, so here are a few. Please don't judge the turkey :)




The wrecking crew




The loot

No comments:

Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving 2009 was tons of fun, and as busy as ever. We started the day out with dinner with the Call's. We had a pretty good turnout and it was fun to catch up with everyone. Lots of good food, fun, and conversation. Unfortunately we forgot our camera, so we don't have pictures.

Next up was pie at the Venable's. Lots of yummy pie and conversation also. This time we remembered to bring the camera, but left it in the car. Duh....


Last, but definitely not least, was the Pinata Party at our house. I must confess that this years pinata was not the best. In fact, I can honestly say it was the worst. By far. The poor little turkey was both ugly and weak. It was totally destroyed after only 2 hits by each of the kids. I realized that while they love to hit the pinata, the main objective is to get the candy. So I guess you could say it was a success. (And politically correct!) Fortunately we DID get some pictures, so here are a few. Please don't judge the turkey :)




The wrecking crew




The loot

No comments: